Monday, February 11, 2013

Taking a looksee!?

Hm, definitions for look and see... well I think looking at something is just a visual examination, it can be a close detailed examination or just a quick "look". But seeing, I think seeing is more of understanding what you are looking at and its meaning, not just its physical appearance. As for something for me to look at... why not something I look at all the time... my cell phone! I spend an hour or two looking at its screen every day, but I spend very little time actually looking at the phone itself. While I have taken the time before to admire the engineering behind its mechanics I have never really taken the time to look at its aesthetics or to try to understand its meaning... until now anyway. The shock case I carry it in is another thing both it and the phone have very different aesthetics, but somehow they complement each other. The phone itself is of a very sleek and minimalist design while the shock case makes it a bit more bulky, it also makes the phone easier to hang on to and hold. Both are a marvel of engineering and some people spent a lot of time designing them. I have been having a hard time finding a deeper meaning to a cell phone other than convenience, but maybe there isn't one And though I am sure there is one to the individual phones design, I am having some trouble seeing it for anything else than simply a beautiful communication tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment